Sweet Potato and Tuna Patties!September 6, 2015
Apple Pie Energy BallsSeptember 15, 2015
How much water should you drink? Sounds like an easy enough question, however, the answer is different for everyone. It depends on age, height, activity levels and a variety of other factors.
After doing a bit of research we found that most articles published agree with the average intake for male and females. (Male: 3 litres daily, Female: 2.2 Litres daily) These should be increased if you engage in physical activities such weight-lifting or participating in a fitness class.
Tips to reach your daily intake:
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up in the morning.
- Get a litre bottle (or bigger) and mark different levels on it that you want to reach by a certain time.
- Add some lemon and limes to your water for some added flavour (and added health benefits)
- Use apps like “Carbodroid” for android or “Waterlogged” for iphone to help keep track and remind you to drink more water.
Benefits of drinking H2O
- Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Increases brain function and which boosts energy levels
- Promotes Weight Loss – Raises your metabolism, decreases hunger and has 0 calories
- Flushes Out Toxins – Sweat out extra toxins
- Boosts Immune System – Helps fight against flu and tooth decay along with many other illnesses
- Prevents Cramps & Sprains – Hydrated joints move easier and hydrated muscles are more elastic
- Puts You in a Good Mood – When your body feels better, you feel better
- Save Money – More often than not, water is free. If it is bottled, it’s still cheaper than a latte
There are so many great benefits to adding more water into your life, and so many easy ways to too. It will be easy to reach your target and reap the benefits.
HiB Fitness, Shaping you for life!