Children's Swimming Lessons
|COURSE No||Starting Date||Beginner||Improver||Online Sale Date|
|1||Aug 29th 2023||3.30pm - 4.00pm||4.15pm - 4.45pm|
|2||Oct 24th 2023||3.30pm - 4.00pm||4.15pm - 4.45pm||Improvers- Oct 14th at 8am
Beginners- Oct 15th at 8am
Lessons Run every Tuesday and Thursday, twice a week for 8 weeks.
Improvers: 4.15pm to 4.45pm.
Cost: Members €82 Non Members €136 (8 week course)
Courses must be purchased from our SHOP. The courses will not appear until 8am on the sale date.
Courses will only be refunded if cancelled a minimum of 3 days prior to the course starting.
Ability Guide For Childrens Swimming Lessons
- Complete non swimmer, unable to float or submerge face in the water
- Teaches confidence, face in the water, jumping in from side
- Teaches correct body position on front and back
- Able to swim in armbands with face fully submerged in the water
- Teaches correct technique for arm and leg action for the front crawl and back stroke, submerging in water without armbands
- Teaches kicking torpedo (streamlining)
- Must be able to swim 10m front crawl, with breathing to the side and without aids. Good leg kick action and body position.
- Teaches back stroke and front crawl arm action and more advanced breathing practices.
- Ability to swim 20 meters or more on front crawl and back stroke.
- Perfects technique of front and back crawl, breathing technique.
- Introduction of breast stroke