Looking for something a bit different and healthier to put on the BBQ? Try out this delicious and simple recipe. These can be served on their own or as a burger, they are great either way.
1) 1 Large sweet potato, peeled (roughly 600g)
2) cooking oil
3) 1/2 small onion
4) 1 garlic clove, crushed
5) 400g canned tuna (drained)
6) 1 egg, lightly beaten
7) 40g breadcrumbs
8) 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
9) 2 tablespoons plain flour
1) Cut sweet potato into small pieces. Cook in sauce pan. Drain, and mash after cooked.
2) Add a small small bit of cooking oil to a non-stick frying pan. Add onions and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
3) Mix tuna, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, onion & sweet potato in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
4) Make mixture into patties using your hands. Add flour on a plate. Coat patties in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
5) Cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until golden and heated through.
Don’t be afraid to get adventurous with this one. Try adding some more flavours or substituting the tuna for shredded chicken or pulled pork. Let us know how you get on with yours and what you added.
HiB Fitness, Shaping you for life.